Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hunger

I was heading east on the 10 this morning, nearing my exit. Ahead of me, all over the sky as far as I could safely see was beauty that touched the place in me where words are scarce. The place where longing feels like the size and pressure of a fist on a chest. I have known God most of my life and loved Him just as long. But on my way to work this morning, looking at the way the sun broke through the clouds, lighting up a stream of sideways sunlight in a storm-swollen sky, I wanted to love Him more. I wanted to know Him more than I do, more than I ever have. He was as big and fierce and beautiful to me as the expanse of the sky in front of me, and I caught just a glimpse. Just a glimpse was enough to stir my heart from apathy of another day to hunger.

3 comments: