Thursday, June 25, 2009

I know.

I know what you're thinking.

I'm sure taking a risk here.

A risk that you will not think those words and their writer false.

Ostentatious.

A risk that you will not pass the verdict on me before I try.

If you do, I won't argue with you and I won't try to prove what I haven't yet earned the right to prove.

Or , you could keep reading, in good faith.

You'll see...that's a big promise for a girl like me.

Big words. The biggest I've ever used.

But I intned to keep my promise.

1 comment:

  1. Shawna,
    I read your posts from end to beginning. I'm glad I did...it was a fortuitous mistake.
    I've always liked you. Always respected you. I think you are fabulous.
    And I am glad to see cracks in the dam. You're holding back a torrent...it is a blessing to see you take steps in faith.
    Again...bravo. And to God be the glory. He has gifted you deeply...don't rob us of the blessing!

    ReplyDelete