Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Car Wash

Funny story. Last week, taking full advantage of my transitional unemployment, I decided to wash my car. And by wash my car, I mean excavate the mound of trash and junk that had buried my poor trunk, vaccuum every reachable space, scrub my seats, wipe down all parts of the interior including the ones that I haven't really paid attention to ever in my 29 years of life, and of course, give the outside a nice, thorough washing and drying. I even sort of cleaned my tire rims. This was serious business.

I finished the project with pride and a wonderful sense of accomplishment. A couple hours later, I heard a knock at my front door. My gardener, very apologetically, confessed that he had accidentally splashed mud all over my car as he was blowing away leaves. I thanked him for letting me know. Then I went outside and washed my car again.

So here is the moral of the story: don't wash your car on gardening day.

1 comment:

  1. A lesson we all with cars will benefit from. Thank you for sharing your wisdom. I think you should get a job as a columnist like the guy in Marley and Me. You have interesting things to say.

    ReplyDelete