Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Music Nostalgia

I just bought Constant by Out of the Grey on iTunes. I have been transported to the top bunk in my bedroom in 1997, complete with posters of Steven Curtis Chapman and Amy Grant on the wall space beside me. What a wonderful song this is. What an unusual 14 year old I was. Oh how I loved music. How deeply I felt about it. So what if I was shy and awkward and so profoundly unsure of myself. I felt the music course through me like a hot current. Painful. I listen to it now and I feel my feet more firmly planted on the ground, so to speak. I think I'm happier now than I was then (who really is happy when they're 14?). More comfortable in my own skin. But I still wish I could swim inside it. Immerse myself in that current and be carried away.

No comments:

Post a Comment