Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Love Knows Best

I want to walk alongside people and tell them how I have seen God come through for me.  He has.  He has blessed me in ways I never would have imagined.  Ways that fall into the category that Paul talks about in Ephesians...exceedingly abundantly above all that I could ask or think.  I am grateful.  Really, I am so grateful.

But how can I walk alongside people and tell them how I've seen God come through for me when there is a big gaping hole in the middle of me the size of my biggest dream and desire left unfulfilled?  What do I have to offer those people?  What story can I tell them?  What if they see through me and discover that hope and I have an on again/off again relationship?

I have wrestled with these questions lately.   And I think I have the answer.  God is God if all my dreams come true.  God is God if none of them do. He stands apart from me, holy and good and fully Himself.  And this is what I will tell them.  This is what I will tell you. He climbs into the big gaping hole and He fills it with Himself.  All at once, He leaves it empty and He fills it with Himself and I get to tell the story of how His grace is sufficient for me.

This is not the story I asked for, but it the story I get to tell.  This is how I've seen God come through for me.  He offers Himself in the place of the deferred hope.  Love knows best.

1 comment:

  1. Well said. You really know how to capture with words. It seems to me that you're right where God wants you, and I for one am excited about what lies ahead.

    ReplyDelete