Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Time

The minutes pass so quickly once the sun comes up. So quickly that I have to frantically gather them all in my arms until I am full of them. Some will spill over onto the ground and if I'm not careful I will step on a few and waste them by the clumsy weight of my body on my feet. The minutes that don't spill over will remain within my focused grasp and I will not let them out of my sight if I can help it. I will not lose anymore than I have to. Then, I will distribute them into their respective slots. I will count them over and over and over again just to make sure they are still there. I will juggle them, begrudge them, love them. I will worry over them as I watch them diminish and with them, my firm grip will fade. Then I will sleep and gather strength for the next day's ration.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that time is such a heavy burden for you friend. It is meant to be a gift and a blessing. I will continue to pray the truth of it will be realized not just in your head but in every piece of your heart and mind.

    PS-Missed you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have created a true first class writer...that is, the Lord used me to create a first class writer. Girl, you should write a book. No, not just one book - many books!!!! The way that you put words down is amazing! I could actually see you gathering those minutes and distributing them throughout your day. You put life to words and I believe that all who do not read them are missing out big time!!!!

    ReplyDelete