Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thanksgiving

So Thanksgiving's coming up.  My favorite day of the year.  My favorite half-week of the year, actually.  Four days of being around people I love.  Four days packed full of one of my most favorite pastimes, eating.

In the spirit of excitement and anticipation, here's some of the things I'm most looking forward to:

Brie cheese, turkey races, no homework, Starbucks on Thanksgiving morning, a gazillion pints of Baskin Robbins ice cream, prime rib, oh so buttery mashed potatoes, Landon's first Thanksgiving, never ending Christmas music on KOST 103.5, cold nights, chopping up onions and crying profusely, three-night slumber party, sitting at the eternal kid's table, potato peeling party, seeing people I don't get to see as often as I'd like, classes being cancelled on Tuesday night, driving to Orange County while listening to my favorite Thanksgiving music which is of course Carrie Underwood's first album (there's a story there, maybe I'll tell you about it sometime), turkey sandwiches, fireplace at Aunt Sue's, whipped cream ceremony, and if we're lucky, perhaps getting to watch one or two cheesy/delightful Hallmark channel Christmas movies.  

Most of all, it's the people.  My family.  Enjoying each other and being grateful for the gift we get to share: Thanksgiving.  









2 comments:

  1. This made me so excited. You just have a way of capturing feelings that are really hard to describe. I have to admit that I haven't given Thanksgiving too much thought yet, but this changed all that. Now I'm in the mood. Who needs Karen Sharp when you have Shawna?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're excited now. I must be pretty excited too because I was planning to write about Bebo Norman and mercy and up there is what came out.

    ReplyDelete