Monday, December 31, 2012

Thankful

I've already mentioned that I turned 30 this month.  Normally, I view my birthdays as not so celebratory occasions.  That's silly.  What I realized this year is that birthdays are gifts, just like so many other good things God gives.  So, in my new found spirit of gratitude, I've made a list of some of the things I'm thankful for.  Without further ado, here they are (in no particular order).

I'm thankful for:

1. My identical twin sister
2. A small room in a big house with girls who love Jesus like I do
3. Chris Quilala, Kim Walker (especially her laugh) and their friends
4. My job at Skanska which is the kindness of God in job form
5. Dinner, good conversation and general walking through life with the Berrys
6. A healthy family, good conversations with my sister-in-law, SYTYCD and NCIS marathons
7. Space heaters
8. Playing the drums at church
9. Coffee, coffee cups, coffee cup lids, coffee smell, coffee shops
10. Melatonin
11. The smell and thrill of used bookstores
12. Friends a girl could only hope to find and they are mine
13. Long car rides
14. Jesus Culture and Bethel Live Pandora stations
15. Nathan, Caleb, Kylie, Ellie, Connor and Landon (and that I get to see my brother and sister as parents)
16. The faithfulness of God that will take me the rest of my life to grasp
17. A church that is such a blessing to me, I don't have words (except these...and eph. 3:20)
18. A mom who has always loved and supported me
19. My precious nephew who calls me Uncle
20. Colorful trees, covered bridges and sunsets.  They are my favorite.
21. Neil Diamond
22. Sushi - (the happiest food on earth) especially with my brother Joshua Arthurs who shares my sentiments
23. D-Group
24. That I get to go to school for pretty much the rest of my life one way or another
25. The Bible
26. God's constant, compassionate, deep love for me
27. Books
28. My bff Allison
29. So many people I am so very grateful to have known and to know still
30. Turning 30

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this. And I'm not just saying that because I made it to #1. I'm sure it's not in any order. But I love it and I think you're going to inspire everyone who reads it (myself included) to make such a list. Here I go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the list!!! I feel famous!

    ReplyDelete