Saturday, May 25, 2013

Teacher

I've been away for a while.  Well, not away exactly.  Just to Mountain View Middle School for seven weeks and to Moreno Valley High School for almost seven weeks and to work at Skanska in the afternoons and evenings and back to this little bedroom after all of that to plan for the next day of repeating it all over again.

This isn't a thorough description of my life since my last post, but it'll do.  Just know my absence was for a good reason.  I was sitting at the drum set at practice last Saturday morning, checking my email between songs, and I saw a message (a very, very expensive message) from Commission on Teacher Credentialing wishing me congratulations on my single subject teaching credential.

Come to think of it, technically, I can say I became an English teacher at band practice one sunny, Spring Saturday morning.  I like that.

Student teaching taught me a lot. Endurance. Hard work. Compassion. Time management. I have still have so much to learn. But now I can start learning as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment