Thursday, June 20, 2013

True Story

This is a true story. And it has four parts.

Part I: Yesterday
Some days it's easier for me to trust God than others.  Some days I believe with conviction that God is good and that my heart matters to Him.  Other days, He seems aloof and indifferent to me and I push Him away, accordingly.  I doubt Him, His nature, His character.  I wish I didn't, but I do. This is the way yesterday was shaping up, so, I thought I'd fight it.  Take out my sword.  Sharpen it a little.  I decided I'd look up a Bible verse about God not forgetting about me. My plan was to wait until my quiet time this morning and search then.

Part II: Last Night
I had a strange dream.  Let that be my disclaimer for what follows. I dreamed that I was breastfeeding, or rather that I had need of breastfeeding, if you know what I mean.  Granted, I have no first-hand knowledge when it comes to this topic, but I do understand the general idea of it. And I know what happens when a momma needs to do it and can't.  That was my situation, in my dream.  Like I said, it was very strange. 

Part III: This Morning
Quiet time. It was an especially sleepy one this morning, to be honest. I flipped to the back of my Bible and looked up the word 'forget' in the concordance. The only verse I could find that mentioned God not forgetting about me was Isaiah 49:15. I found it, read it, then froze a little bit. This is what Isaiah 49:15,16 says, "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me."

Part IV: Now
OK, I can take a hint.  Someone's trying to tell me something.  He hasn't forgotten about me.  And He won't forget about me because it isn't in His nature or character to do so. He is faithful and good and so quick to love me, even when I doubt Him.  

1 comment:

  1. I really, really-- really. like. this.

    Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete